A local favorite for all musical ears. Cain's Ballroom located 423 N. Main St. Tulsa, is a venue that hosts growing artists. Hosting a show or two every weekend. Cain's offesr multiple generes and hosts an equal amount of underground bands and mainstream bands.
Although Cain's Ballroom is the main venue, Cain's also has an outdoor facility, River Parks Amphitheater located inTulsa as well. I recently attended this venue to see Sound Tribe Sector 9 and Ghostland Observatory.
River Parks Ampitheater seats a good amount of people and before the second set begun it was packed. Although glow sticks were prohibited few got them in prepared to make their own light shows, I got mine in! But I soon discovered it was more a need when you have that many stairs in a dark theater it can become a hazard. People of all ages were in attendance. Concessions like any other place were overpriced, they were also in short supply. Inbetween sets the line was extremely long and you could tell they were not very well equiped. By the time the sun went down the intensity of the music, lights and good crowd vibrations began to rise.
Sound Tribe Sector 9 usually known as STS9 played first. STS9 is composed of 5 musicians who specialize in creating a burst of bold rythm complemented with bright ringing tones. The band has released many albums and even a live DVD. This band has also devoted time to helping out with community service projects.
Ghostland Observatory a duo based in Austin, Texas. Recording four albums and a live DVD Ghostland Observatory is becoming known around the map. The two play a funky combinations of electronic "funk"rock. The song "Sad Sad City" is my favorite.
For more information on who is playing in the future at Cains Ballroom check out their website www.cainsballroom.com . If you see something you like go ahead and purchase your tickets through protix.com
I am loving your blog!
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear about new sounds and interesting bands.
I adore the Riverwalk Parks Amphitheater--they always have summer concert series that are wonderful.
I'm glad you got to go enjoy the venue!