This weekend I decided to take a road trip to Murfreesboro, Tenn. Murfreesboro is the home to Middle Tennessee State University, Patric McNicholas a good friend transferd to MTSU to presue his music dreams after he told me about the music scene I knew exactly where I needed to go, MURFREESBORO!
Murfreesboro, Tenn. Is 35 minutes outside of Nashville, Tenn. Some people consider Murfreesboro a suburb of Nashville, take a visit and you will discover the town of Murfreesboro has a musical scene to call there own.
Despite the 12 hour drive me and my friends safely arrived in Murfreesboro at 2a.m. Friday morning. Everyone we met this weekend could play and instrument or two. Many people were in a band or had there own, the real musicians even played in two bands. When we went out Friday and Saturday night, I got to see more concerts in one night than I had ever seen in my life. Murfreesboro is a great town for new artists, being so close to Nashville is a great benefit when trying to get noticed by that certain lable. The fact that it is a college town and people like to party, new bands always have an opportunity to play live.
I was excited when I realized what this little town of music was all about. The next No. 1 album could be right under your nose if you travel to Murfreesboro Since music is never in short supply you are almost guaranteed a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment